Tuesday, April 29, 2008

tasteful delight

I made this recipe the other night and everyone in my family devoured it - from Josh to Sophia. I'm not the biggest pesto fan but it's really worth a try. And, it's a crock-pot recipe so it couldn't get any better...

Pesto-Stuffed Chicken Breasts

1c. ricotta cheese
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. pesto sauce
6 chicken breasts (I used about a pound of chicken tenders - I prefer the skinny strips over the hunk of chicken)
salt and pepper
1/2 can cream of mushroom soup - I just noticed it said 1/2, I used the entire can. Whoops.
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. white wine (I didn't use this since I didn't have any white)

Mix the top 3 ingredients together. Spoon a heaping amount on your chicken breast/tender and rollup. Secure with a toothpick. Season each roll with the salt and pepper then plan in the crockpot. Mix the milk, soup and wine. Pour mixture over the chicken rolls. Cover. Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 3-4 hours.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Robben Family 5 said...

This looks yummy. I love trying new recipes. Thanks!

Jessie said...

This was DELICIOUS! I'm making it for my Girlfriend's Cooking Club this week! Thanks for the idea!