Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Josh Update - Wednesday

Greetings Friends and Family - I'm using Josh's computer and it has a block on just about EVERY internet address known - excluding this. I guess State Farm hasn't learned of the blogging world as of yet. Josh is doing well. He's shown no signs of a fever for the past 24 hours and due to his increased risk of infection, that's a great sign. He was able to shower today which was a perk for EVERYONE.

Currently he is busy watching "Miracle." At one time he had tears in his eyes from some motivational speech Kurt Russell was making - honestly, this boy needs out of here! He's made a few laps walking around the hospital. Sophia was up this morning and with me holding her hands, they have equal walking speeds. I need to bring up her walker and they can take laps together.

Saylor is unfazed on our current situation. She's more concerned of "the balloons" she heard about in daddy's hospital room. That's all she talks about when I pop in at home. She has yet to visit and I know that's a gigantic indication of how Josh is feeling. He just has been depleted of all energy and a 3 yr. old would probably not help.

I'll continue to keep you posted. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my god girlfriend you have had a lot going on. I am so sorry to hear about Say and Josh. Hope you are hanging in there and we will keep Josh in our prayers and hope for a quick recovery!

Love and Hugs - EM

Nowland said...

Hey man, get better soon. Miracle is a great movie - and the USA wins EVERY time you watch it, amazing.

Now I feel bad about MU's sophomore intramural champs beating KSU on Saturday - kind of.

Don't milk this too much and get back to work!

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hey you two,

Josh glad to hear you are getting better as I sure it is hard for you to stay down.

Jen hang in there it could be worse. You have some wonderful help. They know how important it is for you to be with Josh.

We love you both and please get better and take care.

Melizabeth