Thursday, November 27, 2008

26.2

I thought it was time to post some pictures from this past weekends marathon now that I'm able to walk, battle the stairs and conquer a mile or two. Lets start with the night before - all smiles in the hotel room. Here we are 30 minutes before. Eager. Anxious. Scared. Ready. Let the good times roll. One quick good luck hug and kiss The Curb Crew minus Mark, who also served as the photographer. Our Curb Crew assisted with setting our pace around mile 18. This is when the pain started knocking at the door. and, let's fast forward from 18 to 26.2 - the finish. Ahh, the best part about a marathon is seeing the finish line! Here I am, just completing the race, falling to the ground in utter exhaustion and fatigue and immediately turning into a jungle gym for my kids. The brevity of life.

finishers, with medals to prove it.fun family pics Finally, my stance on the marathon: I can't say that the third time was a charm but I can say that it was my LAST. At least until next time. :)

2 comments:

Sharyl said...

You are my idol!

Unknown said...

Seriously....a marathon!!! I get tired walking down the street. You are one crazy girl:)