Sunday, August 10, 2008

sad news

My grandpa passed away this morning at the age of 89. I'm thankful that we saw him just two days ago and I gave him a kiss and a hug.

I'm thankful that we just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary with a large family fete in June.

and I'm thankful that he went peacefully this morning. Grandpa and GG ate breakfast together, peeled a few apples and then he passed...just like that, sitting up in his wheelchair. I'm thankful for so many things that my grandpa brought to my life but currently, sadness consumes me. I loved him dearly and he will be deeply missed...

7 comments:

Phoebe said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. You & your family are in my thoughts. xo

The Nekola Family said...

Jen & family, we are so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hugs from KC. The Nekolas.

Sharyl said...

Jen-So sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I am so glad for you that you stopped to see him and he got to see the girls. You are in our prayers.
Sharyl

Schoenbeck said...

I am very sorry to hear about your Grandpa. It is always hard no matter how old they are. I will keep you and your family in our prayer. Erika

Robben Family 5 said...

Jen, I'm so sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing. How wonderful and special that you and the girls were able to see him just a few days ago. We don't always get those opportunities. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

House of Hawk said...

Jen, I am so sorry to hear this. Your family is in our prayers.

Unknown said...

Jen, I am so sorry for your loss. Your entire family is in our prayers.