Thursday, August 21, 2008

Miracle of life

My cousin had a baby girl yesterday. Honestly, she received the "easy to deliver" gene that skipped over me. She went to her weekly dr. appt. feeling great, with no real signs of discomfort. The dr. checked her, since she was 37 weeks prego and said..."hummm, are you sure you're not having any labor pains? Because, you're dilated to a 6." A 6?!?! A 6?!?!? Do you know HOW MANY HOURS IT TO ME TO ACHIEVE A 6! Anyway, I digress, needless to say, she went directly to the hospital and delivered (5 pushes later) this beautiful 5 lb 10oz bundle of joy. What a sweet heart... Great Grandma welcomed the joy and happiness of new life in little Kennedy Dawn.
And, although I'm a tad bitter and the ease of Kelly's delivery, I could not be more happy. Congrats Kelly, Eric and Brooks. Kennedy is absolutely stunning!


2 comments:

Taira said...

I don't think that I have every seen a newborn that beautiful!

Kelsie said...

I agree with Taira...she is beautiful!