Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What we did for Memorial Day weekend

Friday night we went down to check out the progress of the cabin. It's lookin' good, about 90% complete. It's missing trim, floor register's, a good scrub down and furniture. I can't wait to enjoy it this Summer!



Saturday we headed to Hutchinson, KS for Josh's cousin's wedding. I was in HEAVEN when I saw this picture. I made Josh STOP the car in the middle of the street so I could run out and snap a quick picture.
What a DREAM come true for Erin and Derek! Someday, I hope to have my name on a McDonalds Marquee. You'd think they'd have a welcome Jen here in our town since I'm there on a bi-weekly basis! I guess it doesn't hurt that her father owns most the McDonalds in western Kansas. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed when they served they roasted chicken. I was hoping for the usual #2, 2 cheese burgers, medium fry and Dr. P.


The kids had a ball dancing, devouring cake, chocolate covered strawberries and punch.
The proud parents of the groom, Josh's aunt and uncle.
Kisses from Sophia
Entertainment, Josh style.
Congrats Erin and Derek, have fun in Jamaica.Sunday, we spent inside painting...I know, it's what everyone dreams of doing every Memorial Day weekend. I figured, since the weather was going to be crummy, why not be productive?!?! So, goodbye to my bing cherry red kitchen and hello drifting dune. And, for the living room, so long boring, unadorned beige and welcome happy trails.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Maybe Josh could surprise you for your 10 anniversary with a message on McD's marquee!

I love that strawberry tree and the new colors!

The Nekola Family said...

I would love to see pics of the finished product!