Friday, May 30, 2008

our old stomping grounds

Josh and I declined on buying a house when we first moved to town. I guess it was something between a new job, new marriage and new town that placed a hold on a new mortgage. Instead, we pushed up our newly entwined sleeves and remodeled an old rental of my parents. I'm not sure if I would recommend it for all first marriages but we survived and the house did too. Anyway, I digress. My parents still own the house and a few lucky gals rented it June 1. Since my parents were off gallivanting in the Dakota's, I was deemed the keeper of the key and delivered it last night. Of course, the faux landlord that I am, choose to do the walk through. Here's just a few pictures:

incredible hardwoods
gigantic windows - tons of trim to paint
more of the hardwoods
This was the ONE and ONLY bathroom - it explains why we thought our current bathroom was HUGE.
the one and only existing vintage fixture in dining room
bing red kitchen

and, probably something we SHOULD have changed but neglected...

No comments: