Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The busy month of July

To kick off the month we had fireworks and 1/2 of a cake to celebrate Saylor Lillie's 1/2 birthday. I think she had more cake on her face this time around than she did six months ago at her one year. Next, for some reason, call it bribery if you will, we started a daily popsicle trend. After her nap she would enjoy a cool popsicle outside. The problem was, she was starting to ask for popsicles first thing in the morning when she awoke from the night. She was not comprehending the difference of waking up from a nap and from the nighttime. Thankfully, I think we've finally conquered this task.

Next, now that she's 2 1/2, I decided it was time for her first official haircut. Honestly, it was a bit of a debacle. Not the actual haircut process but all the events leading up to it. We were leaving the next day for Colorado and I had over booked our schedule, as usual, thus it was a bit chaotic. I also tried to cram in a highlight and cut in the process. Although, I only received the color job. Here's the before:Action Shot:
Finished Product: On July 12th we flew to Colorado for a family vacation and to celebrate Papa Nyle's 60th birthday. It was the first time for Sophia in an airplane and she did great! However, flying with 2 kids under 2 is not recommended...
Josh and I really enjoyed our early morning hikes. Saylor loved all of the wild flowers. My favorite part of the trip was the alpine slide! Say is definitely an adventure and thrill seeker like me.
However, her favorite part of the trip was the magnified johnny jumper

The train ride from Georgetown went off with not much fanfare as Say feel asleep 3 minutes into it. Here's the one picture we took of her still awake...
Here's Sophia and I in my Canadian tuxedo...
Family photo:
On our way home in the Denver airport
Once home and back in the swing of things we practiced our daily tummy time fun.
Happy July!

No comments: