Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Awesome August

August was SUPER busy - it started off with Sophia finding her favorite new toy, her toes

Sophia was baptized this month...A longtime ago, my dad's mom had found some of her mothers handkerchief's and sent them to a friend to make into bonnets. The day before Sophia was born, my grandma received one in the mail. This is a picture of Sophia in her great grandmother's handkerchiefSophia did really well - I was extremely nervous. During mass she was starting to get a little wiggly, before the big show. I did the quick, do you have something in your britches sniff and discovered she had a dirty diaper. Just as I was leaving to change her, the Father gave us the nod that it was time to baptize. I'm glad that he stayed clean as he lifted her up for all the congregation to cheer
Josh and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary with dinner and a movie. I couldn't stay out too late since I had to get up at the crack of dawn the next day to run. However, we really enjoyed our night together.
The next week Josh had a meeting in Branson, MO so we took a mini vacation with just Sophers. She and I shopped while Josh worked. The first night his group met for cocktails so Sophia wore her favorite cocktail dress.
One of the motivational speakers for his meeting was the good ole basketball coach from down the road - Bill Self .

Not sure how I feel about Sophia being buddy buddy with the KU coach.

Happy August!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Yeah I can comment!!!!!! Your blog is lookin' mighty fine, and I'm happy to see you updating! Keep up the good work!