Thursday, December 21, 2006

Backtrack Blog

What do 21 kids, sugar cookies and Papa Bruce Santa equal - sheer madness with many memories. Last Friday we had a kiddo Christmas at my girlfriend Jen Walkers house. Santa arrived bearing gifts and a delivered a semi tedious "Twas the Night Before Christmas" story.
We had kids running in every direction. I welcomed the chaos and embraced the later 3 hour nap. I'm not sure if it was Saylor questioning the identity of Santa with a "is that Papa Bruce" or just the simple fact that all she wants for Christmas is a Sucker, but somehow, some way, she warmed on up to his lap and contently stayed. The afternoon ended with hopes of an unsoiled, spotless little princess dancing around in my head...Oh well, I guess you're only young once. :)

No comments: